Monday, February 18, 2008

The Fundraising Component and a 5K

Well i sent out my first email to a large large group of people and was totally freaked out to do so. I hate asking people for things let alone $$, but I am sure that in the end I will get the support I need. Actually, i'm NOT sure of that...In fact, I'm really freaked out that i will not get any support. Those of you who know me know that I get really nervous when throwing parties or asking for help, or anything that depends on others....it's easy to take support or lack of very personally. So I'm trying not to do that, and remember that fundraising takes time and energy, and an unrelenting attitude. And maybe a thick skin?

In other news, I am signed up for a 5K this coming saturday (2/23) -- it's our training day, and that is the assigned practice for the day...a real live 5k race..my first one ever. And as it happens, there was talk that i haven't run 3 m iles straight, well, like ever. That part is true. What is not true (or i wondered) was that I couldn't do it. So screw that, i went to the gym and ran 3.1 miles today. It took 36 minutes. I didn't stop one time and ran about 5 mph the whole time, kicking it up to 5.8 for the last 2 minutes. so nah na na na na.

Detractors reconsider....and donate!!! :)

No comments: