Sunday, March 2, 2008

I've run 4 miles and I can't get up!

So today I went to cheer my friend amanda on at the LA Marathon...My friend lives in a loft 1/2 mile from the finish so it worked out pretty well.
I got really choked up watching everyone work so hard for hours and hours and finally get so close to an amazing accomplishment. I was really proud of her and could barely choke back tears to tell her i was proud of her, as I ran 3 blocks to help her thru her cramps.

Then i remembered the searing soreness pervading the majority of my body from the 4 mile run yesterday morning with the team. It was ups and downs, probably the hardest run I've ever done. I'm certainly not near a triathlon or marathon and consequently i was unable or unwilling to do a long bike ride today. But I'm making small strides and seeing myself get stronger...4 miles will turn into a 10K and the hard work will pay off. I'll be finishing my equivalent of the lA marathon come june and can't frickin' wait!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah the ups and downs of training...one minute you're feeling great and the next minute, you're ready to give up. Hang in there...it gets easier every time!