Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Post About My Crotch

First of all, i have a love/hate relationship with the word "crotch".

Second of all, having done my longest ride to date - 28 miles along Pacific Coast Highway - it's on my mind. Despite my diaper shorts, there is no getting around a certain amount of discomfort. As someone on my team put it, you still end up making love to your seat. Only it's not sweet sweet love, it's more like rough uncomfortable angry love. Fortunately, the overriding discomfort of being bent over for 2 hours, in narrow shoes attached to the pedals, helps take your mind off of some of that.

We also practiced getting on and off the bikes in the transition area (from swim to bike/bike to swim)...it was all going w ell until on my 3rd practice try, I decided to try and dismount while moving and by kicking my leg over my handlebars rather than behind me. I fell. And I was embarrassed. Lesson learned :)

No comments: