Monday, April 21, 2008

Call me Flipper

Saturday I got my wetsuit!!! My first impression of it was that it came in a great tote bag, was beautiful and gray/black, was thicker than I expected, and says Team-in-Training on it. My second impression was that it looked awfully small. My mom questioned my ability to actually get it on; I wondered as well.

After about 20 minutes of wrangling, squeezing, grunting, and pulling, i got it on and it certainly does fit like a (OJ's) glove. I'm not sure exactly how they expect me to fit a pair of triathlon shorts and a sports bra under it cuz it's already pretty obscene. But it holds you in, that's for sure, and also outlines every last nook and cranny. Who says triathlon isn't a spectator sport?

Next weekend I'll actually be wearing it IN THE OCEAN! This past weekend we practiced running up the beach (we had the option this time of not going in if we didn't want to; i opted to only put a toe in) and practicing transitions. It gave me a closer idea of what i'm in for...more to come.

No comments: