Friday, May 9, 2008

Boo-TAY! arrrrrrr

Yesterday, my ridiculously generous and supportive boyfriend took me to Top-to-Top running store. I was completely resigned to running in crap shoes and cut off sweats thru to the end of my Tri training, despite massive chafing and blistering, but for some odd reason, I am a lucky lucky girl. Maybe triathlon wasn't *quite* the best decision for a social work grad student...but I have had a lot of support and help in getting me the equipment I need for this very costly event Seriously, there is so much CRAP to buy....who knew? Don't buy the "all you really need is running shoes, a bathing suit, and a bike" line - it's a big load of hog-hooie.

So here is what I made out with yesterday.

New Nike Running shoes - beautiful red and grey...
"I *heart* Tri" moisture-wicking socks
3/4 length Running pants - the most comfortable things i've ever worn
A new teal running shirt
These shoelace tie thingies so I don't have to lace my shoes, just zip tie them
A water bottle running belt
More gu/gel/shot blocks than you can shake a stick at.

I can't say i was necessarily running faster or longer today, but i definitely was WAY cooler.
Thanks baby!!!!!!!!!

And also thanks to him, and my mom, a little finders fee from Missy and Jason for a real estate referral ,and overzealous personal spending habits, I am also in possession of (or about to be in possession of):
A beautiful road bike
A unitard/triathlon race thingy
Tri shorts
A bike shirt
A bike saddle bag
Odometer
New sports bra
Bike air pump and tire repair kit (that i don't know how to use)
An awesome bathing suit
Silicon Swim Cap
Pink Goggles

Does this give you an idea of what it takes yet??? sheesh. I'm tired writing it.


In case anyone is curious, I still need (want):
- a Bento Box for my bike (*update -- Erik just got me this! weeeee!)
- Aero-bars
- Leg/arm warmers
- More moisture-wicking thin socks
- Sunglasses
- Hand pump
- Deep-tissue massage
- A Job

Some of these things can be found at sporteve.com or at trilabs.com, though I don't think that includes the job.
ok, that's all i got.
Up at 6 a.m tomorrow for a swim/2-hour bike/2-mile run tomorrow in Long beach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen to all that, sister! You do have to buy so much crap. Just wait 'till you get to the event and see what everyone else has. Have you seen the tri bags yet? They're crazy. I would also venture to say that aero bars aren't necessary, but who am I to talk? I still have baskets instead of clips on my road bike!

YOU ROCK AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, HOT STUFF! ;)