Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Huge Pain in the Neck

I suffered a pretty big setback today. Last night a s I was adjusting my pillow in bed, my whole neck just seized up. It's not the first time it has happened, but every time it does it just throws my whole world into 'pause'. It's excruciating and incapacitating, not to mention expensive (already went to the chiro this morning for a cool $95).

I'm about to begin the ice/heat/ice/heat process for the rest of the day. I have made myself as comfortable as possible on the couch, but it is all relative -- the pain hasn't stopped. I guess I will use this time to continue to read/work on the worst paper of my master's program yet, and pray that the adjustment today helps enough to get me back out training in a day or two. Thank god there's leftover vicodin in the house. I may also go in for some lidocaine injections if my stupid HMO orthopedic doctor can get me in within the century.

UGH. UGH.

No comments: